Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Future of Journalism

Journalism has tremendously changed over the passed decade due to all the advances in technology and the introduction of online reporting. About the only thing that has not changed is the freedom of press journalists have from the First Amendment. The future of journalism is going to be very different but very bright.

Our culture is becoming more and more visual as the years progress and the attention span of the newer generations is getting smaller and smaller. So, the successful journalists of the upcoming times will need to incorporate visuals like video clips and captivating titles. The underlying detail that journalists of the future will need will be the need for an entrepreneurial mindset. Entrepreneurialism will be what companies are looking for in the future because of all the new media out there, according to Randy Bennet of the University of Florida.

The changes that are occurring in the journalism world are going to influence my life. For me I need to be able to adapt to the situations thrown at me and be willing to find new ideas to please the business I will work for. I am getting a minor in this degree which will improve my writing skills and creativity to produce interesting and new ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment