Sunday, September 14, 2014

Reflection Post

The 9/11 assignment was a great way to learn what it would be like to do some investigative reporting. The attribute that I would take from this assignment was the whole interview experience. It was a good start in learning how to develop questions and use them to develop the story.
The hardest part about this assignment was trying to organize the time to meet up. Even though my subject was my roommate he was very busy and it was a little overwhelming for him and I too rush through the questions and focus on main points. This lead to my work not being done because I would have liked to have more time to interview.

The feature story that would have came out of this interview would definitely be how Dan's father's plane was mistaken at first for the the one that crashed into the tower. He originally thought that his father had died and this was a very traumatic experience for him. This experience made him personally aware of the risks that his Father takes daily.

The issues regarding technology were mostly centered around iMovie. With this basic editing program it was hard to created the clip I wanted to make. The short time constant was also very short and I couldn't get all the information that I wanted involved in the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment